There seems to be something wrong with the El Manana website. When I type in the site's address, I'm directed to their Facebook page. But if you want to stay abreast with Nuevo Laredo election results, there are plenty of radio outlets that can update us on the proceedings throughout the day. This morning I tuned in to 94.1 FM. The hosts were going over polling place hours and ballot availability. A familiar refrain was uttered: If you don't vote, you can't complain. I've never liked that statement. I would counter with: I pay taxes, therefore I CAN complain. I've been a member of this community all my life, and that gives me the right to complain. I don't exist in a bubble, therefore I can complain.
Here are the top 10 reasons NOT to vote in Laredo.
10. Uninspired campaign messages
9. Conflicts of interest that ensue
8. Vote count delays
7. Actions are never explained smartly
5. Unfulfilled promises
4. Credit themselves with everything; Never take the blame
3. Defensive attitudes
2. Resistance to ethics committees
1. Only available during elections
Feel free to disagree with me, or to add your own reason not to vote.