Here's the mayor starting off (in this video, at least) by recounting an experience he had during an ambulance ride: A paramedic tried to start an IV on him; He tried eight times.
Let's run it down, shall we?
- He decides to tell what he thinks is a funny story.
- He thanks those who make up the partnership.
- He throws in a mention of him missing a council meeting the day before.
- Soon his phone rings.
- He says that people see him coming and utter, "Ay viene el gordito."
- He mentions one of his pet peeves at the four minute mark.
- "People living in trucks."
- Education system is ranked low in Texas.
- "No tengo pelos en la lengua."
- At the seven minute mark, he complains that people don't go out to vote.
- Greets doctor.
- Proceeds to speak away from the podium.
He was hospitalized the day before, but saw that it was too important to attend this event. Unfortunately he didn't practice his speech, or so it looks like. This man has been winging it for so long that it's not funny anymore. When the camera pans back, I just see the crowd sitting quietly, probably stunned by the mayor's words.
All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't there.