Councilman Alex Perez went over some projects that have been completed and spoke about projects that are on the horizon. Here's a list:
- Graffiti removal in the Heights area
- Demolition of house next to Canizales Gym
- Planned splash parks for Slaughter Park and Sta. Rita area
- Planned train for Slaughter Park (similar to one at Brackenridge Park - S.A.)
- Plan to open part of Lamar M.S. and Ryan Elem. campus for public use
- Bring blue bin recycling program to District III
- Assist with the development of the old Mercy Hospital building
Mr. Carranco has made contact with federal agencies that could aid in the property's rebirth. One idea was to use the building as a training facility for law enforcement entities. Another was to turn the building into condo units with commercial property included. The building has to be developed as a whole and not piecemeal, he said.
Some changes are certainly coming to District III. For some we'll have to be patient.